Re: fs/bcachefs/

On Mon, Jan 15, 2024 at 05:12:17PM -0500, Kent Overstreet wrote:
Hi stable team - please don't take patches for fs/bcachefs/ except from
myself; I'll be doing backports and sending pull requests after stuff
has been tested by my CI.

Thanks, and let me know if there's any other workflow things I should
know about

Sure, we can ignore fs/bcachefs/ patches.

Note that the proposed workflow would only work through patches coming
through your tree, but patches in other subsystems that could affect
bcachefs might break it in stable trees without being caught by your CI.

I'd recommend integrating your pre-release tests with something like
kernelci, which would let us catch bcachefs-affecting issues coming from
other sources.

What more, if we do the above, we could in the future avoid special
casing bcachefs :)

--
Thanks,
Sasha