Re: Patch "ring-buffer: Force absolute timestamp on discard of event" has been added to the 6.1-stable tree

Hey Steve,

On Sat, Dec 30, 2023 at 11:22:46AM -0500, Steven Rostedt wrote:

Sasha,

Was this automated or did you do this manually?

This is mostly automated.

I'm asking because I was walking through my INBOX to see what FAILED
backports I could clean up, and I started on this one:

 https://lore.kernel.org/all/2023120938-unclamped-fleshy-688e@gregkh/

I did the cherry pick, fixed up the conflict, but when I tried to commit
it, it failed because there was nothing to commit.

This confused me for a bit, and then when I did a git blame, I saw that you
had done the fix already.

When you fix a FAILED patch, can you do a reply to the FAILED message that
Greg sends out, so that I don't waste my time on trying to fix something
that was already fixed?

The process I have is that I go over the stable tagged commits with a
week or two delay, and attempt to apply the commits that aren't in the
tree yet using the dependency bot.

I can look into how to tie this into Greg's FAILED emails; I used to do
the above manually and reply to those mails, but now the process is
slightly different and there's no direct connection between the two.

--
Thanks,
Sasha