Re: Fedora kernel patch report for 3.17.3

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 02:14:14PM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Below are the additional commits Fedora is carrying on top of 3.17.3
> that people might be interested in that are probably acceptable for
> stable.  Let me know if you have any questions.
>
> josh
>
> arm64: __clear_user: handle exceptions on strb (upstream 97fc15436b36)
>     - CVE-2014-7843

Already queued.

> KVM: x86: Don't report guest userspace emulation error to userspace
> (upstream a2b9e6c1a35afcc097)
>     - CVE-2014-7842

Already queued (dug it out of an oss-security email, would have been
nice for a kvm developer to tell me about it...)

> net: sctp: fix NULL pointer dereference in af->from_addr_param on malformed
> (upstream e40607cbe27)
>     - CVE-2014-7841
>     - This one is already queued for stable I believe

Already queued.

> ahci: disable MSI instead of NCQ on Samsung pci-e SSDs on macbooks
> (upstream 66a7cbc303f4)
>     - CC'd for stable but not queued yet

Already queued.

> x86, microcode, AMD: Fix early ucode loading on 32-bit
> (upstream 4750a0d112cb)
>     - CC'd for stable but not queued yet

Already queued.

> quirk for Lenovo Yoga 3: no rfkill switch (upstream 725c7f619e20f5)

Now queued, thanks.

> net: sctp: fix remote memory pressure from excessive queueing
> (upstream 26b87c78810063)
>     - CVE-2014-3673

Ah, David didn't send me that one yet, I've now applied it, thanks.

> net: sctp: fix panic on duplicate ASCONF chunks
> (upstream b69040d8e39f)
>     - CVE-2014-3687

Didn't have that one either, now applied.

> net: sctp: fix skb_over_panic when receiving malformed ASCONF chunks
> (upstream 9de7922bc7)
>     - CVE-2014-3688

Another sctp fun, now queued up.

> asus-nb-wmi: Add wapf4 quirk for the X550VB
> (upstream 4ec7a45b51a3)

Now added.

> GFS2: Make rename not save dirent location
> (upstream 19aeb5a65f1)

Had it.

> KEYS: Reinstate EPERM for a key type name beginning with a '.'
> (upstream 54e2c2c1a9d6cbb27)

Now added.

Many thanks for this, after this release, we should now be in sync.

greg k-h