Re: [Regression] 6.1.66, 6.6.5 - wifi: cfg80211: fix CQM for non-range use

On 12.12.23 05:26, Philip Müller wrote:
On 12.12.23 03:58, Berg, Johannes wrote:
https://www.spinics.net/lists/stable/msg703040.html

FWIW, that looks fine to me. I don't know how I managed to miss that. Sorry about that ☹

That "fix" was not cc:ed to any of the wifi developers and would need a lot of review before I feel comfortable accepting it, as I said in the response to that
message.

Indeed, I hadn't seen it before.

But I just checked the error paths there, and the fix adjust all three of them correctly.

johannes

I have at least 7 users who have tested that fix on my end:

https://lore.kernel.org/stable/20231210213930.61378-1-leo@xxxxxxxxx/

So it can also be called tested now:

https://forum.manjaro.org/t/153045/77
https://forum.manjaro.org/t/153045/88
https://forum.manjaro.org/t/153045/90
https://forum.manjaro.org/t/153045/92
https://forum.manjaro.org/t/153045/93
https://forum.manjaro.org/t/153045/94

Since I re-applied the broken patch by Johannes plus the fix of Leo to 6.x kernels on my end and didn't hear any regressions so far, it can be called tested by Manjaro community.

So Greg, how we move forward with this one? Keep the revert or integrate Leo's work on top of Johannes'?

Johannes, how important is your fix for the stable 6.x kernels when done properly?

--
Best, Philip