Re: Intermittent storage (dm-crypt?) freeze - regression 6.4->6.5

[TLDR: This mail in primarily relevant for Linux regression tracking. A
change or fix related to the regression discussed in this thread was
posted or applied, but it did not use a Closes: tag to point to the
report, as Linus and the documentation call for. Things happen, no
worries -- but now the regression tracking bot needs to be told manually
about the fix. See link in footer if these mails annoy you.]

On 21.10.23 09:48, Bagas Sanjaya wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 21, 2023 at 05:38:58AM +0200, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
>>
>> Since updating from 6.4.13 to 6.5.5 occasionally I hit a storage
>> subsystem freeze - any I/O ends up frozen. I'm not sure what exactly
>> triggers the issue, but often it happens when doing some LVM operations
>> (lvremove, lvrename etc) on a dm-thin volume together with bulk data
>> copy to/from another LVM thin volume with ext4 fs.
> [...]
> #regzbot ^introduced: 5054e778fcd9cd

#regzbot fix: dm crypt: don't allocate large compound pages
#regzbot ignore-activity

(fix currently found in
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/device-mapper/linux-dm.git/commit/?h=dm-6.7&id=b3d87b87017d50cab1ea49fc6810c74584e00027
)

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
That page also explains what to do if mails like this annoy you.