Re: [REGRESSION] Userland interface breaks due to hard HFSC_FSC requirement

Hi,

> On 10. Oct 2023, at 17:02, Jamal Hadi Salim <jhs@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> This is a tough one - as it stands right now we dont see a good way
> out. It's either "exploitable by root / userns" or break uapi.
> Christian - can you send your "working" scripts, simplified if
> possible, and we'll take a look.

Sure, what kind of simplification are we talking about? Something like this?

#### snip
#!/bin/bash
modprobe ifb
modprobe act_mirred

uplink=eth0
uplink_ingress=ifb0

tc qdisc add dev $uplink handle ffff: ingress
ifconfig $uplink up

tc filter add dev $uplink parent ffff: protocol all u32 match u32 0 0 action mirred egress redirect dev $uplink_ingress

tc qdisc add dev $uplink_ingress root handle 1: hfsc default 1
tc class add dev $uplink_ingress parent 1: classid 1:999 hfsc rt m2 2.5gbit
tc class add dev $uplink_ingress parent 1:999 classid 1:1 hfsc sc rate 50mbit
#### snap

This should provoke the error reliably. You might need to point it at whatever network interface is available but need to be prepared to loose connectivity.

Christian

Liebe Grüße,
Christian Theune

--