Re: Patch "net: export inet_lookup_reuseport and inet6_lookup_reuseport" has been added to the 5.15-stable tree

On Sat, Sep 9, 2023 at 12:08 AM Sasha Levin <sashal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled
>
>     net: export inet_lookup_reuseport and inet6_lookup_reuseport
>
> to the 5.15-stable tree which can be found at:
>     http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary
>
> The filename of the patch is:
>      net-export-inet_lookup_reuseport-and-inet6_lookup_re.patch
> and it can be found in the queue-5.15 subdirectory.
>
> If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
> please let <stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> know about it.

Hi Sasha,

This commit is part of the following series
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230720-so-reuseport-v6-0-7021b683cdae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/
As far as I can tell this was pulled in due to the Fixes tag on patch
7. I think that tag was misguided, in that the original code
explicitly rejected SO_REUSEPORT sockets so there isn't a bug to fix
here. The SO_REUSEPORT code is quite fiddly, so I'm uneasy about
backporting the change. Could you drop patches 3-8 from 5.15, 6.1, 6.4
and 6.5 please?

This also means that "net: remove duplicate INDIRECT_CALLABLE_DECLARE
of udp[6]_ehashfn" is not required anymore.

Sorry for the mess,
Lorenz