Re: Possible build time regression affecting stable kernels

On Thu, Jun 29, 2023 at 4:43 AM Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 28, 2023 at 07:33:27PM -0400, Paul Moore wrote:
> > > So, can I get a directory list or file list of what we should be
> > > ignoring for the AUTOSEL and "Fixes: only" tools to be ignoring?
> >
> > I've been trying to ensure that the files/directories entries in
> > MAINTAINERS are current, so that is probably as good a place as any to
> > pull that info.  Do the stable tools use that info already?  In other
> > words, if we update the entries in MAINTAINERS should we also notify
> > you guys, or will you get it automatically?
>
> We do not use (or at least I don't, I can't speak for Sasha here, but
> odds are we should unify this now), the MAINTAINERS file for this, but
> rather a list like you provided below, thanks.

Fair enough, if we ever have any significant restructuring I'll try to
remember to update the stable folks.  Although I'm guessing such a
change would likely end up being self-reporting anyway.

> > Regardless, here is a list:
> >
> > * Audit
> > include/asm-generic/audit_*.h
> > include/linux/audit.h
> > include/linux/audit_arch.h
> > include/uapi/linux/audit.h
> > kernel/audit*
> > lib/*audit.c
> >
> > * LSM layer
> > security/
> > (NOTE: the individual sub-dirs under security/ belong to the
> > individual LSMs, not the LSM layer)
>
> So security/*.c would cover this, not below that, right?

Yes, that should work.

> > * SELinux
> > include/trace/events/avc.h
> > include/uapi/linux/selinux_netlink.h
> > scripts/selinux/
> > security/selinux/
>
> Looks good, thanks for this.

Thanks for maintaining the exception list.

--
paul-moore.com