Re: REGRESSION: ThinkPad W530 dim backlight with recent changes introduced in Linux 6.1.24

>Any reason why you didn't cc: the developers of that commit?
Sorry I did not realise I should have done that.

>Do you also have this issue on the latest 6.3-rc release?
Yes I have tested it recently by installing the latest 6.3-rc7 kernel
, and I do encounter the same issue there. I have linked the
screenshots below referring the same.
Kernel 6.3.0-rc7 with 43% brightness - https://i.imgur.com/5LqsEJb.jpg

> That's what this commit does, right?
According to the commit , it was pushed to fix backlight controls
which were broken on Lenovo Thinkpad W530 while using NVIDIA. It was
not intended to reduce the backlight intensity on W530. Backlight is
dimmer than before even when using the laptop in Intel iGPU mode.

Thanks