Re: Missing 6.0/6.1 stable patch

On Wed, Jan 04, 2023 at 03:43:48AM +0000, Limonciello, Mario wrote:
> [Public]
>
> Hi,
>
> This below patch from 6.2-rc1 was Cc to stable 6.0/6.1:
>
> afa6646b1c5d ("drm/amdgpu: skip MES for S0ix as well since it's part of GFX")
>
> However It didn't get picked up for 6.0.16 or 6.1.2.  I also didn't see it in stable-queue.git/tree/queue-6.0 or stable-queue.git/tree/queue-6.1.
>
> I double checked and it works on both 6.0.y and 6.1.y, and It fixes a bad suspend problem, so I wanted to double check it didn't get missed with the holiday shuffle.

It is still in my "to apply" queue.  Due to everyone loving to sneak in
fixes into -rc1 instead of getting them to Linus sooner for -final, the
queue is huge at this point in time with over 200+ remaining for me to
go through.  Add to that the general mess of the DRM tree when it comes
to stable patches for -rc1 (most are duplicates of what is already in
older stable releases), I wait until I have processed _EVERYTHING_ else
before even looking at DRM patches for stable during this time period.

So don't worry, it's not lost, just give us a week or two more to catch
up and please work to try to get fixes into -final whenever possible and
not wait for the huge -rc1 merge for issues that are more urgent.

thanks,

greg k-jh