Re: LTS 5.15 EOL Date

On 2022-10-20 10:26:06, gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2022 at 08:25:35AM +0900, Suleiman Souhlal wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I saw that the projected EOL of LTS 5.15 is Oct 2023.
> > How likely is it that the date will be extended? I'm guessing it's
> > pretty likely, given that Android uses it.
>
> Android is the only user that has talked to me about this kernel
> version so far.  Please see:
> 	http://kroah.com/log/blog/2021/02/03/helping-out-with-lts-kernel-releases/
> for what I require in order to keep an LTS kernel going longer than 2
> years.

Microsoft is also interested in a longer lifetime for v5.15 LTS. An
additional year should meet our needs.

We are aware of your "Helping Out ..." blog post and have been making
improvements to be of more assistance. Kelsey and Allen (Cc'ed) have
been doing -rc testing of v5.15 -rc releases and reporting the results
to the list, on behalf of Microsoft. Testing of the -rc releases is
mostly manual at this point, so we don't get every release tested before
the release happens, but we're working on improving our processes and
having builds/tests kick off automatically so that you can rely on us
even more. We should have a much better system in place to help with
testing and reporting by the time Oct 2023 rolls around. :)

Let us know if there's anything else that we can do to help.

Tyler