Re: Revert "aio: fix aio request leak when events are reaped by user space"

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 03:06:12PM +0000, Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) wrote:
> Using this version of the patch, I ran into this crash after 36
> hours of scsi-mq testing over the weekend.
>
>         local_irq_save(flags);
>         kcpu = this_cpu_ptr(ctx->cpu);
>         kcpu->reqs_available += nr;
>
>         while (kcpu->reqs_available >= ctx->req_batch * 2) {

This crash is not particularly useful, as that version of the patch was
buggy and could result in reqs_available getting corrupted (ie, it could
overflow), which could lead to the system getting stuck for a significant
amount of time in put_reqs_available().  In other words, the crash you
reported matches the known problem with that patch.

		-ben
--
"Thought is the essence of where you are now."