Re: Patch "soundwire: qcom: Check device status before reading devid" has been added to the 5.15-stable tree

On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 09:31:35PM +0530, Vinod Koul wrote:
> On 13-08-22, 16:23, gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled
> >
> >     soundwire: qcom: Check device status before reading devid
> >
> > to the 5.15-stable tree which can be found at:
> >     http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary
> >
> > The filename of the patch is:
> >      soundwire-qcom-check-device-status-before-reading-devid.patch
> > and it can be found in the queue-5.15 subdirectory.
> >
> > If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
> > please let <stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> know about it.
>
> This is causing regression in rc1 so can this be dropped from stable
> please

This is already in the following released kernels:
	5.15.61 5.18.18 5.19.2
so when you get this resolved in Linus's tree, be sure to also add a cc:
stable to the patch so it will get picked up properly.

thanks,

greg k-h