Re: [REGRESSION] v5.17-rc1+: FIFREEZE ioctl system call hangs

On 2022-08-20 03:04, Song Liu wrote:
Hmm.. does the user space use different logic based on the kernel version?

I still cannot reproduce the issue. Have you tried to reproduce the
issue without mysqld? Something with fio will be great.

No, I spent last day trying various fio options but I was unable to reproduce the problem yet.

I managed to reduce the required mysql I/O -- I can now reproduce after importing ~150MB SQL dump instead of 20GB.

It's also interesting: Just hard killing mysqld which will cause recovery on next start is already enough to trigger the problem.

I filed ticket with MariaDB to get some input from them, maybe they have an idea for another reproducer: https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-29349

--
Regards,
Thomas