RE: [REGRESSION] Laptop with Ryzen 4600H fails to resume video since 5.17.4 (works 5.17.3)

[Public]

> In addition to my other ask somewhere in this thread for increased
> debugging
> output to find your "real" problem, please give a try of this combo:
>
> 1) 5.18-rc7
> 2) Patch turning off reset on dGPUs in s2idle
> 3) The below patch
>
> This patch should do pretty much the same thing, try to recover your GPU
> when
> it's in this bad state. Now it happens somewhere more sustainable and
> sensible:
> on the resume path.  I think this might get you a functional display rather
> than that
> "black screen" from the failed suspend cycle.  It's still papering over your real
> issue
> of whatever caused the failed suspend.

I noticed the reset doesn't redo the HW init, that's still another needed step.

So here's a proper link to the patch you can apply as an mbox:
https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/486836/
This is untested.