Re: [REGRESSION] Laptop with Ryzen 4600H fails to resume video since 5.17.4 (works 5.17.3)

On 17.05.22 19:37, casteyde.christian@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I've tryied to revert the offending commit on 5.18-rc7 (887f75cfd0da
> ("drm/amdgpu: Ensure HDA function is suspended before ASIC reset"), and
> the problem disappears so it's really this commit that breaks.

In that case I'll update the regzbot status to make sure it's visible as
regression introduced in the 5.18 cycle:

#regzbot introduced: 887f75cfd0da

BTW: obviously would be nice to get this fixed before 5.18 is released
(which might already happen on Sunday), especially as the culprit
apparently was already backported to stable, but I guess that won't be
easy...

Which made me wondering: is reverting the culprit temporarily in
mainline (and reapplying it later with a fix) a option here?

P.S.: As the Linux kernel's regression tracker I deal with a lot of
reports and sometimes miss something important when writing mails like
this. If that's the case here, don't hesitate to tell me in a public
reply, it's in everyone's interest to set the public record straight.