Re: Crash on resume after suspend (5.17.5 and 5.15.36)

On 2022-05-04 21:25, Manuel Ullmann wrote:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git/commit/?h=linux-5.17.y&id=cbe6c3a8f8f4315b96e46e1a1c70393c06d95a4c
Yup, that’s my fault and I reproduced this myself yesterday. I actually
expected this to happen and attempted to test suspend with the patch,
but must have screwed up by kexec-rebooting into an unpatched kernel
version or something like that. I’ll disable the kexec service in the
future, if I ever need to prepare a patch again.
05:00.0 Ethernet controller: Aquantia Corp. AQC107 NBase-T/IEEE 802.3bz Ethernet Controller [AQtion] (rev 02)
Yes, I have the same one.

Please let me know if there is any more info I can give that will help.
Can you confirm, that hibernation works with the patch, but not without
it? The patch was an attempt to fix it, because I had the same behaviour

Cannot test hibernation, but..

with hibernation. I tried to make sense of the deep parameter in
atl_resume_common pm function calls, but apparently it’s always required
to be true and thus obsolete.

..I patched 5.15.38 to pass true as deep arg everywhere, and now resume
seems to work again reliably, 5 out of 5. \o/

I’ll leave the cleanup of that parameter to the maintainers for mainline
and prepare a patch. Last time I sent it against mainline. If this fixup
of a stable patch regression should be posted differently, it would be
nice, if someone could give me a pointer.

Send fix to mainline first, with Fixes: <mainline commit id> tag and
Cc: stable mentioning the affected versions.

cheers
Holger