Re: xfrm regression in 5.10.94

Hi,
> Why is 5.10 special and newer kernels are not?  This change shows up for
> them, right?  Either this is a regression for all kernel releases and
> needs to be resolved, or it is ok for any kernel release.
>
> Please work with the networking developers to either resolve the
> regression of determine what needs to be done here for userspace to work
> properly.

I agree, thanks. I tried it
(https://marc.info/?t=164607426900002&r=1&w=2) and got this response
from Steffen Klassert now:

> In general I agree that the userspace ABI has to be stable, but
> this never worked. We changed the behaviour from silently broken to
> notify userspace about a misconfiguration.
>
> It is the question what is more annoying for the users. A bug that
> we can never fix, or changing a broken behaviour to something that
> tells you at least why it is not working.
>
> In such a case we should gauge what's the better solution. Here
> I tend to keep it as it is.
(https://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=164615098503579&w=2)

Given it's unlikely to have this reverted in general I personally think
that reverting for the LTS kernels makes sense at least...

Regards,
Kai