Re: + selftests-exec-add-non-regular-to-test_gen_progs.patch added to -mm tree

On 2/11/22 11:26 AM, Andrew Morton wrote:
The patch titled
      Subject: selftests/exec: add non-regular to TEST_GEN_PROGS
has been added to the -mm tree.  Its filename is
      selftests-exec-add-non-regular-to-test_gen_progs.patch

This patch should soon appear at
     https://ozlabs.org/~akpm/mmots/broken-out/selftests-exec-add-non-regular-to-test_gen_progs.patch
and later at
     https://ozlabs.org/~akpm/mmotm/broken-out/selftests-exec-add-non-regular-to-test_gen_progs.patch

Before you just go and hit "reply", please:
    a) Consider who else should be cc'ed
    b) Prefer to cc a suitable mailing list as well
    c) Ideally: find the original patch on the mailing list and do a
       reply-to-all to that, adding suitable additional cc's

*** Remember to use Documentation/process/submit-checklist.rst when testing your code ***

The -mm tree is included into linux-next and is updated
there every 3-4 working days

From: Muhammad Usama Anjum <usama.anjum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

non-regular file needs to be compiled and then copied to the output
directory.  Remove it from TEST_PROGS and add it to TEST_GEN_PROGS.  This
removes error thrown by rsync when non-regular object isn't found:

Andrew,

I pushed this to linux-kselftest fixes for rc5. I can go drop it now,
and you can take this through yours.

thanks,
-- Shuah