Could the fix for broken gcc-plugins with gcc-11 be backported to 5.10?

Build support for gcc-plugins are not detected with gcc-11 in lts kernels.
Gentoo and Arch apply their own patch to fix the problem in their distribution
kernels but I would prefer if a proper fix was applied upstream.

https://bugs.gentoo.org/814200 a gentoo report with the relevant info.

I've searched for any upstream discussions about the problem but I've only found
one message saying the backport needs an additional fix. That was almost a year
ago. https://www.spinics.net/lists/stable/msg438000.html

/Thomas Lindroth