Re: [External] - Re: EOL Kernels versions

On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 04:53:43PM +0000, Fernandes, Francois wrote:
> OK,
> So in this case we 'only' have to follow the version for the distribution date and move this at each EOL distribution date.
>
> I understood that this kind of evolution is easier than a kernel evolution.
> Could you confirm please ?

I cannot confirm this, since the answer will depend on what exactly you need
for your project. If you are not shipping custom hardware and do not require a
custom kernel build, then you should stick with the kernel that comes with the
distribution you are using and upgrade whenever the next Debian version is
released.

Hope this helps.

-K