Re: virtio-scsi issues duplicate tags when async_abort is enabled

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 10:58:22AM -0700, Venkatesh Srinivas wrote:
> CC-ing stable as 3.14 and 3.15 are affected; a conservative fix is to
> enable no_async_abort until the problem is better-understood.

No patch attached.  Nevermind this is not a consdervative fix, but a
band aid.  The proper fix is to figure out what's actually going on
here.

>From your trace above it very much looks like a double completion of
some sort.

I've looked at the virtio-scsi code a bit, and one odd thing it does
that comes in handy here is that it doesn't really use a traditional
tag, but rather the address of the scsi command.

Knowning that your above traces mean that we are resending a command
to the HBA/storage that has a pending abort going on.