Re: + mm-fix-move_pages-follow_page-huge_addr-bug.patch added to -mm tree

On Thu, 29 May 2014, akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Subject: + mm-fix-move_pages-follow_page-huge_addr-bug.patch added to -mm tree
> To: hughd@xxxxxxxxxx,mpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,n-horiguchi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From: akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 12:16:27 -0700
>

> The patch titled
>      Subject: mm: fix move_pages follow_page huge_addr BUG
> has been added to the -mm tree.  Its filename is
>      mm-fix-move_pages-follow_page-huge_addr-bug.patch

Thanks for taking this in, but given Michael's further problems, plus
the acknowledged locking deficiency even with this in, I think we are
better off for now with something like Naoya's non-x86_64 disablement -
even though that does need a little added if this one is to be dropped.
I'll reply in that thread.

I shall take great pride in this one lasting longer in your tree than
Tuesday's fs-superc-avoid-counting-without-__gfp_fs.patch (33 seconds
from the +mail to the -mail).

Hugh