Re: Backport of 11cc2d21499c for 5.4.y and 4.19.y

On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 01:27:39PM +0200, Magnus Karlsson wrote:
From: Magnus Karlsson <magnus.karlsson@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Greg and Sasha,

Please find attached backports of commit 11cc2d21499c ("xsk: Simplify
detection of empty and full rings") for the 5.4.y and 4.19.y stable
series. It solves a reproducible race between poll() and sendmsg()
when used concurrently by two different processes using the same
AF_XDP socket. Note that the commit above unknowingly (read: by sheer
luck) fixed the bug as it was about simplification and performance
improvement only. I have included two backports that are code wise
equivallent to the commit above, however, they contain a commit message
that describes the race in question and how it is fixed by the
patch. Sorry, but I do not know the correct procedure in these kind of
situations, but if you prefer to pick the original commit, please
ignore the "backports" below.

In general, if it applies/builds/works cleanly, just telling us the
commit id would be enough. I've queued this one for 5.4 and 4.19,
thanks!

--
Thanks,
Sasha