Re: Patches to apply to stable releases [7/23/2020]

On 7/23/20 11:24 AM, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 08:57:08AM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please consider applying the following patches to the listed stable
>> releases.
>>
>> The following patches were found to be missing in stable releases by the
>> Chrome OS missing patch robot. The patches meet the following criteria.
>> - The patch includes a Fixes: tag
>>   Note that the Fixes: tag does not always point to the correct upstream
>>   SHA. In that case the correct upstream SHA is listed below.
>> - The patch referenced in the Fixes: tag has been applied to the listed
>>   stable release
>> - The patch has not been applied to that stable release
>>
>> All patches have been applied to the listed stable releases and to at least
>> one Chrome OS branch. Resulting images have been build- and runtime-tested
>> (where applicable) on real hardware and with virtual hardware on
>> kerneltests.org.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Guenter
>>
>> ---
>> Upstream commit 2aeb18835476 ("perf/core: Fix locking for children siblings group read")
>>   upstream: v4.13-rc2
>>     Fixes: ba5213ae6b88 ("perf/core: Correct event creation with PERF_FORMAT_GROUP")
>>       in linux-4.4.y: a8dd3dfefcf5
>>       in linux-4.9.y: 50fe37e83e14
>>       upstream: v4.13-rc1
>>     Affected branches:
>>       linux-4.4.y
>>       linux-4.9.y (already applied)
>>
>> Upstream commit d41f36a6464a ("spi: spi-fsl-dspi: Exit the ISR with IRQ_NONE when it's not ours")
>>   upstream: v5.4-rc1
>>     Fixes: 13aed2392741 ("spi: spi-fsl-dspi: use IRQF_SHARED mode to request IRQ")
>>       in linux-4.14.y: c75e886e1270
>>       in linux-4.19.y: eb336b9003b1
>>       upstream: v5.0-rc1
>>     Affected branches:
>>       linux-4.14.y
>>       linux-4.19.y
>
> All now queued up, thanks!

Excellent. That concludes the applicable backlog. Everything else the robot
has found was either cosmetic or resulted in conflicts, and I did not try
to create a backport for a variety of reasons (minor, irrelevant for us,
too complex, too risky, untestable, ...).

Our robot keeps finding more patches to apply from top-of-tree, but it looks
like your and Sasha's workflow identifies those reliably nowadays, and they
are usually applied to stable releases within a week or two. I may send more
requests in the future, but only if a fix is urgent or if it looks like
a patch got lost.

Thanks,
Guenter