[4.4] Security fixes

I've backported fixes for I²C and media controller devices, dealing
with the lifetime of related cdev and struct device instances and some
similar race conditions.  Fixing the lifetime issue for watchdog
devices looks impractical for 4.4, as it depends on a big refactoring
in 4.5.

All but one of these are already included in or queued for the later
stable branches.  You dropped the I²C lifetime fix for 4.9, but I hope
my previous replies persuaded you that it is valid.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings, Software Developer                         Codethink Ltd
https://www.codethink.co.uk/                 Dale House, 35 Dale Street