Re: patch "staging: binder: Fix death notifications" added to staging tree

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 07:37:46PM +0100, Compostella, Jeremy wrote:
> I see. But you made yourself the author of my patch :(

No, Arve is the author of this patch, as it was sent to me before your
patch was sent.  See the mailing list archives for details if you are
curious.

> I point you out this extract from
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/SubmittingPatches: [...]
>
> Note that under no circumstances can you change the author's identity (the
> From header), as it is the one which appears in the changelog. [...]

I did no such thing, I just took your signed-off-by: on your patch, and
added it to Arve's patch, as the two were identical.  I wanted to give
you some kind of credit for coming up with the same change, which is
what I do quite often in these kinds of situations.

greg k-h