Re: 5.5.6 regression (stuck at boot) on devices using the sof_hda audio driver + fix

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 08:39:04PM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
I know that the stable series are partly based on automatically
picking patches now. I wonder if the scripts doing that could be
made smarter wrt rejecting patches with a Fixes tag where the
fixed patch is not present, so where in essence a pre-requisite
of the patch being added is missing ?

The scripts actually look at the fixes tag and try to do that, but it
looks like they didn't handle the case where the commit id pointed to by
the fixes tag doesn't exist at all.

I'll go fix that, sorry :(

--
Thanks,