Re: ❌ FAIL: Test report for kernel 5.4.22-rc2-b0b4130.cki (stable)

On Sun, Feb 23, 2020 at 10:44 PM CKI Project <cki-project@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We ran automated tests on a recent commit from this kernel tree:
>
>        Kernel repo: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable-rc.git
>             Commit: b0b41307fca1 - Linux 5.4.22-rc2
>
> The results of these automated tests are provided below.
>
>     Overall result: FAILED (see details below)
>              Merge: OK
>            Compile: OK
>              Tests: FAILED
>
> All kernel binaries, config files, and logs are available for download here:
>
>   https://cki-artifacts.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/index.html?prefix=datawarehouse/2020/02/23/453522
>
> One or more kernel tests failed:
>
>     ppc64le:
>      ❌ selinux-policy: serge-testsuite
>      ❌ Boot test
>
>     aarch64:
>      ❌ selinux-policy: serge-testsuite
>
>     x86_64:
>      ❌ selinux-policy: serge-testsuite

The SELinux testsuite failed due to the kernel headers being newer
than the running kernel itself. It is not (AFAICT) a bug in the
kernel. For more details see this patch, which should make the
testsuite work also in such situation:

https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux-testsuite/commit/859ccfd0a00970ab3f2459e19f2f3c3d950b8ed4

I need to test it and then I'll send it to the list for review.

> We hope that these logs can help you find the problem quickly. For the full
> detail on our testing procedures, please scroll to the bottom of this message.
>
> Please reply to this email if you have any questions about the tests that we
> ran or if you have any suggestions on how to make future tests more effective.
>
>         ,-.   ,-.
>        ( C ) ( K )  Continuous
>         `-',-.`-'   Kernel
>           ( I )     Integration
>            `-'
[...]

--
Ondrej Mosnacek <omosnace at redhat dot com>
Software Engineer, Security Technologies