Re: Bug Report - Kernel Branch 4.4.y - asus-wmi.c

Hi Greg,
I have no personal issues against upgrading to a newer kernel myself. The
reason I am working with the 4.4 kernel is that it is the supported kernel from my distro's stable release (slackware). Unfortunately slackware's stable release is
several years old and consequently based on the older 4.4 LTS kernel branch.

The result of the distro packaging this older kernel is multiple users reporting this bug to the slackware community so I came to the kernel maintainers to see if this can be fixed upstream. I could also advocate for the slackware maintainer to
apply the patch to his releases if you think that's a better route to take.

For the record, the patch that Willy offered does fix the issue on my affected
system. That might be a better choice than my request to revert as per the
original email.

Please let me know what you decide.

Thanks,

Bob Funk