Re: usb-storage: Set virt_boundary_mask to avoid SG overflows

Hi,

This is a stable defect report.

We're tracking v4.9 stable for some of our products (i.e. Cisco Systems, Inc.)
We noticed a speed degradation of roughly %30 on writes to a /dev/sdaX device
over USB (no file system). We bisected the issue to this commit from Alan Stern.
We also found a prior report of speed degradation on NTFS,

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-usb/Pine.LNX.4.44L0.1908291030400.1306-100000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/T/

We have the patch reverted in our v4.9 tree on top of stable. It seems Alan was
planning to remove these lines. If the lines are planned to be removed is there
an reason why they haven't been ?

Thanks,
Daniel