Re: stable backports, from contents found in xilinx-4.9

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 3:46 PM Michal Simek <michal.simek@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 20. 08. 19 15:29, Linus Walleij wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 8:54 AM Michal Simek <michal.simek@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> What's the purpose of this work? Make v4.9 better?
> >
> > Yes. The purpose is to pick all stuff you have backported and see if it should
> > actually be in -stable so that stable is stable for everyone. It's kind of
> > crowdfunding stable development.
>
> Ok. I wasn't aware about it. What's the expectation from us in this?
> Comment that list or it is just for information that this is happening
> and stable maintainers should pick it up?

Something like that.

I think Arnd will get around to sending them to Greg, Sasha et al once
he have them on the archaic stable patch format. But he can
answer once he has time.

I guess it also illustrates stuff you should ideally mail stable about
directly, but I understand as well as everyone that this takes time
and effort and I know why all processes are not always optimal.
We are stepping in and helping out a bit, at least for a one-off.

Yours,
Linus Walleij