Re: [STABLE candidates] backport candidates from Allwinner kernels

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 11:02:16AM +0800, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 11:59 PM Sasha Levin <sashal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 09:46:18PM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:

Hi Arnd,

I've queued all but the following, which didn't look like fixes to me:

Ok, thanks!

block: partition: add partition specific uevent callbacks for partition info
coresight: removing bind/unbind options from sysfs
stm class: Hide STM-specific options if STM is disabled
arm64: mm: mark fault_info table const
dma mapping : export caller to vmallocinfo
s390: add DEBUG_RODATA support
arm64: support keyctl() system call in 32-bit mode

Any reason they should be included?

The keyctl patch is probably the only one that makes
a difference here, please include that to fix a bug in the
compat layer of lacking keyctl access.

The coresight unbind fix is a bugfix that avoids a user
triggered kernel oops, but since unbind requires root
permissions, it's not a critical fix.

I assumed the STM Kconfig avoided a randconfig
build issue, but I may be misremembering that,
and I did not try it without that patch.

I'll queue them up, thanks for the explanation.

--
Thanks,
Sasha