Re: request for 4.14-stable: 0d7412ed1f5d ("spi/bcm63xx-hspi: Enable the clock before calling clk_get_rate().")

Hi Mark,

On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 11:31 AM Mark Brown <broonie@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 25, 2018 at 09:31:19PM +0000, Sudip Mukherjee wrote:
>
> > This was not marked for stable but seems it should be in stable.
> > And another commit which fixes it.
> > Please apply to your queue of 4.14-stable.
>
> This is more of an API correctness thing - some devices happen to be
> able to get the clock rate without being enabled, I'm guessing this is
> one of them otherwise it'd not work at all.  As ever it'd be good if you
> could include some sort of description of why you think the backport is
> needed...

I was asking it to be included as it appeared from the commit message
that this was a fix for a problem where clk_get_rate() was not working
as the clock was not enabled.
If that is not the case then please ignore this mail and I will also
request Greg to ignore it as well.
Sorry for the noise.

--
Regards