Re: Automated testing for stable kernel branches?

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 1:53 PM Major Hayden <major@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 10/18/18 3:33 PM, Sudip Mukherjee wrote:
> > And also, we do not always send patches. We only send patches when it
> > needs a backport, otherwise we will just mail Greg with the SHA that
> > needs to be added to the tree.
>
> Thanks, that helps me understand the workflow better.
>
> >> Also you could watch the linux-stable-rc git tree for updates, that will
> >> be updated at -rc announcement time, and at other "time to take a break"
> >> moments in my development cycle.
> > Or alternatively, you can also monitor the stable-queue repo. I
> > usually check the stable-queue repo, apply the patches to my personal
> > tree before doing or testing anything.
>
> I wasn't aware that one existed! Am I correct to assume this is a holding place for patches which are waiting for inclusion into linux-stable-rc?

This is a place where Greg will keep the patches which he accepts for
the stable tree. The stable-rc will finally have everything from this
folder. And the folder will be emptied when the stable tree is
released.
And also, everything will be in patch format.

--
Regards
Sudip