Re: + slub-track-number-of-slabs-irrespective-of-config_slub_debug.patch added to -mm tree

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 3:20 AM Christopher Lameter <cl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> NAK. Its easier to simply not allow !CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG for cgroups based
> configs because in that case you certainly have enough memory to include
> the runtime debug code as well as the extended counters.

FWIW, I ran into issues with a combination of KASAN+CONFIG_SLUB
without having CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG, because KASAN was using functions
that were broken without CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG, so while you're at it with
creating dependencies, you might want to also say KASAN+CONFIG_SLUB
==> CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG.