Re: [External] Re: panic at boot time with kernel >= 4.9.98 - uninitialized system_wq in early interrupt

On Thu, Jun 07, 2018 at 05:54:56PM +0000, Max Asbock wrote:

> [...]

Ugh, I forgot about the workqueue rewrite.

How about 4.14, does that work for you?  If so, just use that, you
shouldn't be using the 4.9 kernel tree on x86-based hardware unless you
are somehow forced to due to horrible closed source kernel drivers.  You
want and need the fixes and speedups that are on 4.14.y, it's a
measurable difference.

thanks,

greg k-h