Re: Patch "drm/vmwgfx: Unpin the screen object backup buffer when not used" has been added to the 4.16-stable tree

On 05/27/2018 06:27 PM, Greg KH wrote:
On Sun, May 27, 2018 at 06:15:50PM +0200, Thomas Hellstrom wrote:
Hi Greg,

On 05/27/2018 04:32 PM, gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled

      drm/vmwgfx: Unpin the screen object backup buffer when not used

I got an identical message on May 2nd that this patch was added to the 4.16
and 4.14 stable trees. Now there is a small but important fix to this patch
so I CC'd it to stable assuming that this patch was already in those
versions.

Fix is "drm/vmwgfx: Set dmabuf_size_when vmw_dmabuf_init is successful" by
Deepak Rawat.

It's correct to have both this patch and its fix in stable.
Thanks for letting me know.  The original set of patches all got dropped
due to problems with the larger patch series.

But I can't seem find the above mentioned patch in Linus's git tree, do
you know what the git commit id is for it?

thanks,

greg k-h

It's

91ba9f28a3