Some questions about patches backported for 3.18 or 4.4

Hello Greg, I am writing to report some questions when working on my
kernel tree.

1. About this patch
(https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git/commit/?h=v3.18.99&id=20f6d9c2af33da892a0e03ffd6249c7ab81edfb7),
as Ben has already pointed out in 4.4 tree, it only fixes an issue in
4.7. So I guess this should be reverted in 3.18 as well?

2. About this patch
(https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git/commit/?h=v3.18.99&id=28ef9653c18539f8123dd668ad3b28289ec0514a),
in 3.16 tree Ben modifies common_timer_get() as well. The difference I
can see is the check for SIGEV_THREAD_ID, so would there be some
issues if we don't change them?

3. About this patch
(https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git/commit/?h=v3.18.99&id=d5ba16a80d96c1df57b98487143fed90374d5514),
it seems like you directly pick it from upstream, but we have another
"goto fail"  compared to upstream, which means we should free
eps[0].ring it in failure path additionally, I guess?

Thanks in advance, sorry for too much questions.