Re: [alsa-devel] Applied "ASoC: topology: Fix logical inversion in set_link_hw_format()" to the asoc tree

On 2/27/18 2:38 AM, Mark Brown wrote:
On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 06:30:15PM -0800, Pierre-Louis Bossart wrote:
On 2/26/18 10:34 AM, Kirill Marinushkin wrote:

According to the comment, the existing functionality works correctly "WRT the
interface". The suggested commit doesn't fix the behaviour: instead, it reverts
the logic to "WRT the codec". But the existing implementation is also valid.

Look at all the machine drivers, they always use the mask by looking at the
codec side. The comment on top means that the SOC side ('the interface') is
the dual of the codec side.

This issue was found during the development of SOF (Sound Open Firmware)
where we get the reverse of the intended behavior when using the same
conventions in topology files as in machine drivers.

Is this perhaps something that the earlier firmware is handling inside
the firmware?

For SKL+ the SSP settings come from binary blobs read from ACPI/NHLT tables so I am wondering if this inversion is compensated for in the tools used to generate the blobs.