Re: 4.14.x - KVM guests crashing

Hi Greg,

> The KVM mailing list would probably be the best place
> (kvm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx), as we just backport existing upstream patches to
> the stable kernels.

OK, I'll report there, thanks.

> That being said, jumping from 4.4 to 4.14 is a very large leap (2 years
> of development), it might be good if you can try something in the
> middle?
>
> Or, an earlier 4.14.y?  Try 4.14.3 or so and if that works, then it is
> easier to use 'git bisect' to track down the offending patch.

yeah, I know. We always tend to stick to some stable  kernel branch for some time..

the bad thing is it takes quite long for the crash to occur (>1day at least)
so I'm keeping bisect as the last resort. I'll see if I get something
from the KVM maillist and possibly report needed patches here.

thanks

nik

--
Ing. Nikola CIPRICH