Re: KPTI for 4.1 LTS

On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 10:40:17 +0100, Greg KH wrote:

> Ick, why would you be using a kernel that is about to be end-of-life
> anyway?  Why can't you use 4.9 or even better, 4.14?

Since we mantain a custom distro, upgrading to a different major kernel
version is not an option atm (QA, etc).

I was asking just because we saw that some distro based on 4.1 as well
(Oracle linux, etc) have patched it on its own, so we wondered if
something more upstream would have been available before starting our
backporting efforts too.

Due to particular nature of vulnerability I was expected that at least
this would be patched in all *current* LTS (the 3.2 that shares the same
EOL date was patched like 10 days ago).

> Anyway, there is no plans that I know of, sorry.

no problem

Thanks,
francesco