KPTI backport to 3.16

I have a backport of KPTI/KAISER to 3.16, based on Hugh Dickins's work
for 3.18, some upstream changes between 3.16 and 3.18, and other
patches that went into 4.4.75.

I sent this out for review on the stable list after quite minimal
testing, but have done more since then.  On bare metal (Sandy Bridge,
with pcid but not invpcid) it crashes at boot.  In fact it
reboots without any panic message, suggesting a triple fault, as soon
as I apply the patch that turns on CR4.PCIDE, i.e. without KPTI itself.

Using the 'nopcid' kernel parameter gets it to boot but it's somewhat
unstable even after that - once I start another kernel build I see
programs segfaulting.  So I'm guessing I've screwed up some of the TLB
stuff.

I'm going to continue investigating this myself before making a
release, but would really appreciate any time people can spare to
review this patch series.

(I haven't found any such regression in 3.2.98.)

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
friends: People who know you well, but like you anyway.