Re: Patch "x86/acpi: Restore the order of CPU IDs" has been added to the 4.9-stable tree

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 10:28:08AM +0800, Dou Liyang wrote:
>Dao found a bug in Linux 4.9 LTS which shows below.
>
>The reason of the bug is that we just backport the patch titled
>
>  x86/acpi: Restore the order of CPU IDs
>
>but, ignored the other patches in the series[1].
>
>IMO, the commit c962cff17dfa
>
>  ("Revert "x86/acpi: Set persistent cpuid <-> nodeid mapping when
>booting"")
>
>in the series can fixed this bug. I suggest to backport it.

Thanks! I'll include the fix with my next pull request to Greg (unless
Greg includes it first).

>BTW, I read the rules in Documentation/process/stable-kernel-rules.rst,
>and found that:

>- It cannot be bigger than 100 lines, with context.
>
>I guess it seems that it's the reason why it did not be pulled in
>stable tree. Is it right? Can you tell more details about it. :-)

The actual reason they were not originally pulled in stable is that
they're not tagged as such. See
Documentation/process/stable-kernel-rules.rst which describes how to
do that.

--

Thanks,
Sasha