Re: Patch "ACPI / APEI: Remove arch_apei_flush_tlb_one()" has been added to the 4.4-stable tree

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 10:09:31AM +0000, James Morse wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> On 25/11/17 18:06, Greg KH wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 02:54:08PM +0100, gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >>
> >> This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled
> >>
> >>     ACPI / APEI: Remove arch_apei_flush_tlb_one()
> >>
> >> to the 4.4-stable tree which can be found at:
> >>     http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary
> >>
> >> The filename of the patch is:
> >>      acpi-apei-remove-arch_apei_flush_tlb_one.patch
> >> and it can be found in the queue-4.4 subdirectory.
> >>
> >> If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
> >> please let <stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> know about it.
> >>

> > Dropped from all stable queues now. Why was this even a stable patch at
> > all anyway?  It doesn't fix anything...
>
> It looks like this series picked up a 'Cc: All applicable
> <stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>' along the way. (Rafael?)
>
> The first patch fixed the problem, the rest were clean-up, code we no longer
> needed and hooks that had no more users in v4.14.
>
> I can provide backports back to v4.13, which is when arm64 got APEI support, but
> before then I have nothing to test it on...
>

> Can I suggest dropping this series from the stable trees? (do you need me to
> reply to each email?)

As I don't see "patch series" in stable submissions given that it's just
a bunch of patches out of order, yes, please respond to any patch that I
have applied that you do not want to see applied.

thanks,

greg k-h