Re: Patch "ASoC: sunxi: Add bindings for sun8i to SPDIF" has been added to the 4.9-stable tree

On Thu, Nov 09, 2017 at 11:07:44AM +0000, Mark Brown wrote:
>On Thu, Nov 09, 2017 at 10:09:10AM +0100, gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled
>>
>>     ASoC: sunxi: Add bindings for sun8i to SPDIF
>
>> The H3 SoC uses the same SPDIF block as found in earlier SoCs, but the
>> transmit fifo is at a different address.
>
>This doesn't seem like a good idea - note how the changelog says that
>the transmit FIFO is at a different address, I'd expect this means that
>people won't be able to use the new compatible without a corresponding
>code change.

Interesting. I keep trying to automate DT patch selection to deal with
issues as this, but it seems like there is always something...

I agree with Mark. I think it would make sense to pick 1bd92af877 as
well to deal with this issue.

--

Thanks,
Sasha