Re: Issue with pxa_dma driver on linux 4.4.y

Greg and Andrea write :

>> Ah, that's why none of the build systems caught this.  Perhaps we should
>> add a defconfig for this?  Is there one in Linus's tree yet?
There is one, but added only later in v4.5 here :
3168eb330b86 ("ARM: pxa: add defconfig covering all the boards")

...zip to Andrea ...
> corgi_defconfig (pxa255)
> spitz_defconfig (pxa270)
>
> I'd say spitz because there is the corresponding qemu machine.
>
> The config seems a bit outdated though...spitz at least uses PATA_PXA
> but none of them has CONFIG_PXA_DMA. Ouch...
>
> We do have our defconfigs in meta-handheld [1] but maybe these are too
> heavy, able to boot from every media, many filesystems, with perf and
> other stuff.
> Robert, whith your help we can maybe patch the ones upstream?
As long as they are pretty tiny yes. I'll be received with a machine gun if I
have a big defconfig patch to push upstream ...

Cheers.

--
Robert