Re: Patch "tty: fix __tty_insert_flip_char regression" has been added to the 4.4-stable tree

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 1:37 PM,  <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled
>
>     tty: fix __tty_insert_flip_char regression
>
> to the 4.4-stable tree which can be found at:
>     http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary
>
> The filename of the patch is:
>      tty-fix-__tty_insert_flip_char-regression.patch
> and it can be found in the queue-4.4 subdirectory.
>
> If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
> please let <stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> know about it.

Hmm I thought I had sent a backported version for stable that just contains
the 'fast path' plus with the bugfix, but I must have forgotten to actually
send it out.

Anyway, taking all three patches for stable should also work, no need
to revisit unless you would prefer to drop the 'slow path' patch.

       Arnd