Re: refcount_t + (resend to wider audience)

On 07/28/2017 12:31 PM, David Miller wrote:
Sorry, even with this explanation this -stable require is completely
and totally inappropriate.
Puts me between a rock and a hard place trying to address kernel security issues. Should I instead file KASAN Use-After-Free reports on stable kernels here for analysis by those with more wisdom to help refine a more targeted fix?

For instance a dive on one of them did turn up 89e357d83c06b6fac581c3ca7f0ee3ae7e67109e which stopped an unbounded refcounter by preventing multiple dump requests at the same time. But the other 4 KASAN reports I focused on this week, we were not so lucky.
You guys are really pushing things way too far with this refcount_t
stuff, seriously.
First round ever on this, I guess I am missing some turmoil, history or bad blood over refcount_t. Always fun to step on a landmine :-)
NACK.

Please, guidance on where I can go from here.

Sincerely -- Mark Salyzyn