Re: [PULL] bcache updates based on git.kernel.dk/linux-block:for-next

Hi Greg,

On 18/07/17 21:06, Greg KH wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 07:31:35PM +0100, Eddie Chapman wrote:
>> As per previous mail, below are the 4 patches discussed, generated with
>> diff -up, from kernel.org 4.4.77, so with correct context for 4.4. Just
>> in case they are useful for anyone.
>
> <formletter>
>
> This is not the correct way to submit patches for inclusion in the
> stable kernel tree.  Please read:
>     https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/stable-kernel-rules.html
> for how to do this properly.
>
> </formletter>

I know, I certainly did not want to submit these patches for inclusion in the stable kernel yet! As I said, I only sent them to Tang and others in case they were useful. I'm just trying to help with testing.

> Note, I can't do anything with patches until they are in Linus's tree.
> Please work to get them accepted there, then we can worry about
> backporting them to older kernels if they are needed.

Hold your fire! :-) I know, I said exactly the same myself earlier in this thread, that they must be in Linus' tree first.

Sorry if I gave the wrong idea. Maybe I should have removed stable@ from CC? But I thought that would not be good in case someone found the thread in future and wanted to know.

Eddie